Eating Well With A Tiny Fridge
Eating Well With A Tiny Fridge
Eat great meals—and go up to three weeks between grocery store trips, even with a tiny refrigerator on your boat or RV. Real-life tested tips and tricks.
This is an online course + PDF ebook
Learn how to:
- Store many commonly-refrigerated foods outside the refrigerator
- Maximize the refrigerator space you do have
- Go up to three weeks without a grocery stop (think about it: take longer trips, go to remote places with no stores, spend time exploring new places instead of grocery shopping)
- Have real, delicious ingredients for the meals you love
- Avoid ending up with spoiled, wasted food
Maximizing Your Refrigerator Space Step-By-Step
This online course will show you how to look at everything in your refrigerator with a fresh eye. Over 80 photos to guide you every step of the way:
- What your tiny refrigerator is best used for
- What items can easily be removed and safely stored out of the refrigerator
- Real solutions to use your small refrigerator space much more effectively
- Exactly how to successfully store fresh produce outside of the refrigerator
- Making appetizing dishes from canned meats and vegetables
- Great non-perishable alternatives to many refrigerated foods
- How to make normally-refrigerated foods whenever you want them from non-refrigerated ingredients
Storing Food Without Refrigeration
This PDF ebook, which you can download for use offline, delves deeper into how you can have the foods you want but with less in the refrigerator:
- Meat and seafood
- Fruit and vegetables
- Herbs and spices
- Milk, cream and sour cream
- Butter and margarine
You’ll get tips for buying food, detailed instructions for using non-refrigerated ingredients, over 60 main dish ideas, 10 recipes, a resource list, and even a four-day sample meal plan to help you see what’s possible.
Private Facebook Group
You'll also get access to a private Facebook group where you can ask questions of Carolyn and other course participants, and where you can share your successes.
- Provisioning Spreadsheet and detailed instructions on calculating the amounts you need of everything you need
- 40 tiny-fridge-friendly recipes
You'll also get a subscription to The Boat Galley Newsletter, a weekly email filled with tips and tricks to make living on a boat and cruising both easier and more enjoyable. Don't like it? You can unsubscribe at any time.
And no, we aren’t going to sell your email address or send you spam, because that’s not who we are.
You'll get login details onscreen immediately after purchase as well as by email a few minutes later.
Take this course whenever you want, as fast or slow as you want, in whatever order you want, and refer back to materials as often as you want. You'll have lifetime access to all, including all updates.
Everything is online; there is no shipping.
Carolyn Shearlock is the founder of The Boat Galley and an instructor at Cruisers University at the Annapolis Boat Shows. This is an extended version of one of her courses there.
In addition to her articles and podcasts for The Boat Galley, she frequently writes for various boating and cruising magazines. She is the author of The Boat Galley Cookbook and Storing Food Without Refrigeration.
Carolyn and her husband Dave have lived aboard two different boats for a total of 14 years. They've cruised over 14,000 miles in the Sea of Cortez, Pacific Mexico and Central America, and more recently Florida and the Bahamas.
This module is just the ticket for offering up an excellent overview of the subject. Great insight and some surprising items as well. Thanks for a great product.
Loved this course. As we are moving aboard and I’m cleaning my galley, I was starting to fret over how to keep food in my 40 qt fridge. The ebook is great for offline viewing and referring to when needed, or just a reminder.
It is cool. My family had downsized kids moved out, I got smaller fridge and other things. Has gone from 3 to 6 and now the fridge is way too small, this is helping me a lot